11 months ago
Friday, October 21, 2005
Here is a delicious fall dish which combines two of my favorite things - cheese and pears. The ginger is good, but sometimes I leave it out depending on my mood.
CROSTINI CON PERE, PINOLI, ZENZERO E GORGONZOLA or CROSTINI WITH PEARS, PINE NUTS, GINGER AND GORGONZOLA
1 cm thick slices of good, robust bread that can be roasted without getting too dry
Pears, sweet and firm
Chopped candied ginger (optional)
- Toast the slices of bread in a toaster or under the grill in the oven and cut it into finger food friendly pieces.
- Peel the pears and cut them into slices that fit the size of the bread.
- Melt some butter in a pan and stir one or two tablespoons of sugar into it. Add a couple of tablespoons of pine nuts and one of candied ginger before you put in the pear slices.
- Add a tablespoon or two of water and let it cook/fry until the pears are tender but not mushy.
- Cut the gorgonzola cheese into cubes that you put on the bread, put one or two slices of pear and top it with some ginger and pine nuts before you put it all under the oven grill for a minute or two, when the cheese is beginning to melt it’s time to take them out.
- Eat them warm or at least tepid.