my friend Trace (an extraordinary ordinary life) put this out there so here's mine. Kind of fun putting down stuff about yourself - makes you think though.
LIST 4 things....
Four jobs you've had in your life:
1) First job I ever had was as an ice cream scooper in Malibu at Swensons. I made an ice cream hot fudge sundae for Steve McQueen, and for his wife Ali McGraw I made a malted milkshake.
2) I was the Robbery Coordinator and FBI liason working for the Director of Security at Cal Fed Bank – pretty cool. I got to view all the robbery videos and help detail the suspects in my reports.
3) Got fat working at Haagen-Dazs – ice cream is fun! When we were swallowed up by Nestle (GRRRR) we had a huge tasting lab in Research & Development where the fat fun was continued.
4) Volunteered in the ER of a local regional hospital. It was one of the most interesting jobs I’ve had.
Four movies you would watch over and over
1) All of Me
2) Lord of the Rings Trilogy
3) The Notebook
4) The Bishop’s Wife
Four places you have lived:
1) Santa Monica, CA
2) Fort Worth, TX
3) Seattle, WA
4) Walnut Creek, CA
Four TV shows you love to watch – don’t really love to watch much but I enjoy these occasionally:
1) Law and Order
3) $40 a Day
4) Anything on the Travel Channel
Four Places you have been on vacation
1) Tirana, Albania – I went there to visit my sister who lives there as a missionary with her family – it was my first experience in a 3rd world country. (I’ve never even been to Mexico) I suffered extreme culture shock upon returning to the States, as I felt like I have way too many frills and extra frivolous extras in my life.
2) Rome – Enjoyed a few days in Rome with my parents. I was awestruck by the age of the city itself and its artifacts. The Vatican City was such an interesting thing – surrounded by Rome. Unfortunately St. Peter’s Basilica was closed for renovations for the Jubilee (Year 2000) so I only got to see the Sistine Chapel and museums.
3) Ireland – My first foray to Europe was also a trip with my folks. Got lost in Dublin riding a double decker bus, enjoyed the cozy pubs there, and found the only Harley Davidson dealer in the country. It was a tiny shop filled with machinery, lawn mowers and such, with a Harley or two literally wedged in between everything else. Loved the countryside, the towns & castles, and the people were among the friendliest I’ve met. I’d love to go back.
4) Iceland – I seem to have developed a penchant for islands – and this one is without a doubt the most beautiful. I didn’t know such a place exisited with its rugged lava fields, crashing ocean waves, volcanic landscapes and gorgeous waterfalls... I’m not done with this place :-D
Four of your favorite foods
1) Lamb in any & all forms :-D
Roast lamb – bbq lamb, shish-ka-bob lamb, Icelandic smoked lamb
3) Yellow crookneck squash with butter and basil
Four places you would rather be right now
1) Anywhere at all on a vacation trip with my Sweetie
2) A Northern California coast beach
4) Copper Canyon, Mexico