Saturday, January 26, 2008

Slow but steady wins the race. *WHEW* Nessa's scavenger hunt was not an easy undertaking! But here the thing is, FINALLY! Kind of fun to do, and I actually learned what a Zorilla, Mantaicore, and a Xenops are.




AUNTIE ANT :)









BROWN BEAR


Hi Hunny







CREAMY COW Catholics get hot over melting cow

A blue cow sculpture in the form of a melting ice cream, complete with a stick emerging from its posterior, caused a storm when it was erected in front of St Istvan's Basilica in Budapest.

The Budapest Sun reports that the blue cow "ice cream" is the most extravagant piece of Budapest's Cow Parade, which has already toured Prague, New York and London.

However, some Hungarian Catholics have already shown their displeasure with at least one part of the project, by removing the blue "melting cow."

The sculpture had been placed in front of the Basilica on 1 July but was moved to the Liberal headquarters a few days later by a group calling itself Deminem.

Although the artists and the organisers of the event claim not to have intended to offended anyone's religious beliefs with "the plastic animal showing an ice-cream only," members of Deminem argued that "the cow's location was derogatory and the fact that its back was pointing towards the Basilica is obviously against the Catholic Church."

Gergely Csíkos, main organiser of the exhibition said, "We are sorry to have hurt people's religious convictions, or to have caused bad feelings with this form of art, but it was not our intention."

He added, "This is an absolutely non-political event and those, who would like to see more in it, are simply nitpicking."

According to Balázs Magashegyi, one of the artists, "It must have been Catholic people who broke the sculpture, repainted it and vandalised it."

Rózsa Gloner, a theology professor who had earlier suggested to the Free Democrats (SzDSz) that their headquarters would be a much better spot for the blue cow, claimed to have nothing to do with its relocation.

He told online news portal Index, "Something like this would never have happened in Rome in front of St Peter's Square." He added, "Young people should rather be shown nice things, as there is already enough deception everywhere." Budapest Mayor Gábor Demszky said on the evening news on MTV, "Politics is not supposed to get involved with art.

"This kind of vandalism is simply outrageous."






DUMB DONKEY

You know, it was supposed to represent a "dumb donkey" (above) but the picture below was so tender and beautiful, I had to use it too - --- What? It DOES have a donkey...













EVEN EAGLE - Even in flight, the golden eagle is magnificent to see.







FLOATING FISH -








GROSS GOAT I don't like goats like this.







HALF HORSE As a Sagittarian, I'm very familiar with this image.













INDIAN IGUANA HOT PEPPER SAUCE Yum!





JOKING JAY - Bada Boom...
I have a mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.
Groucho Marx

I have had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it.
Groucho Marx

I intend to live forever, or die trying.
Groucho Marx

I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
Groucho Marx

I must say I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a good book.
Groucho Marx

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Groucho Marx







KITCHEN KRAKEN -----It's whats for dinner





Many Manticores... I thought they were bugs or something... HA!





Nosy Narwhale:



"No, you aren't the one with the magic horn - are you?"



OVAL OWL







Painted Pony





This Quetzal is definitely Quantum.







If this isn't a round rat I'll eat my tail.




SILVER SNAKE (This lovely 1 half oz. Australian silver snake is worth approximately $24.50.






As a child, I loved Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy books which my Mom had from her own childhood... and this TOAD story TOWERS high on my list of favorites.








THIS UMBER ULTRASAUROS (BROWN, NOT GREEN) LUMBERED OFF BEFORE I COULD GET A PHOTO... SO YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO BE HAPPY WITH THE FOOTPRINTS.






VAPID VULTURE - I had a picture of another "un-animated" vapid vulture, but I just couldn't post it... it was dead.






WISE-BEAGLE .... What did you say? Wise WEASEL? Oh sorry.







You can see that this Xenops is Xenial - he is even smiling :)




This yak is making ME yawn.




ZOMBIE ZORILLA

Must....kill.....must....stink...must....smelll..


.................

15 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

cool...some great pictures....

Tom & Icy said...

Wow! You out did us all. Those are really fun to read. Very nice job.

Ariel the Thief said...

There are breathtaking pictures in your list! I enjoyed the jokes, too.

So that thing was in front of the Basilica? How did I miss it? The truth is, if I was a Chatolic person, that'd have bothered me too. Not the cow but the place where they put it. It was dumb to put it there. Even dumber to open innocent eyes and say, "Oh that's just an ice cream. We didn't mean to be offensive." I am not at all surprised it became a political issue finally, this is Hungary...

The silver snake coin is extremely beautiful!

RED MOJO said...

Great job, very creative. I can tell you had fun doing it!

Anonymous said...

who could possibly find blue cow butts offensive??

SOe said...

This was a successful animal - picture - hunting!

Cie Cheesemeister said...

As a young child I lived in New Mexico and every year there was the balloon festival and many many colorful balloons filled the sky. Never saw a Floating Fish, though. More's the pity.

tsduff said...

Yellowdog Granny - from one granny to another - pull up a chair and sit yourself down. Nice to see you.

Tom & Icy - so happy you liked it. It was fun, albeit very time consuming... :) You ought to know with all that fancy computer stuff you do - burning up beach towers and all ...

tsduff said...

Ariel - I always think the green jay looks just like Grouch Marx - hence the jokes. I don't really think I would have made a connection to the religious insult... when looking at such a funny piece of art as a melting blue icecream cow, I would have missed it completely. But different strokes for different folks. The wooden stick out of the butt might have been a little weird though...

Hey Red Mojo - It was a fun as it gets without one's own camera... ha ha.

Not Me - not me, that's for sure :) I posted it didn't I?

SOe - yes, I have to say I found all the items on the scanvenger hunt, but I sure didn't break any time records... except maybe taking the LONGEST time - HA HA.

Cheesemeister - I've always enjoyed seeing pictures of the balloon festival in Albuquerque - never saw it in person though. I think the fish balloon's name was SUSHI.

Nessa said...

Sorry it took me so long to get here.

These were worth waiting for. The creamy cow was a great find. And I like the way you sneaked Doug in there. I may make that a requirement in future games; D

Keshi said...

some really great pics there Terry!

Keshi.

Anonymous said...

What a post! I think congratulations are in order especially for the floating fish :)

Jamie Dawn said...

Holy cow!!

I love the ants/aunts cartoon.

I didn't know what a manticore was until I read this post and saw the photo. You have expanded my knowledge and added another groooove into my brain.

I LOVE that floating fish. He's cute!

Fun pics!

jillie said...

Does that cow jump over a blue moon?? Those are a GREAT assortment of pictures you got going there.

Awwwww...that little skunk sure looks like a "stinker" LMAO!!!!

G said...

Wow that was some scavenger hunt!!! Certainly broke you out of that slump you spoke of in your previous post. Amazing. I may have to come back and take another look after a good night's rest to take it all in. I do love the Groucho quotes.

=..=