Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sorry - I had the visual up but it was so big that it skewed my blog. I like pictures better - but check out this link anyway because I think it is cool.

I loved this. Having doled out food myself to the homeless - the old fashioned way (making up bag dinners and walking around San Francisco dropping them off in person) I found this Robin Hoodian method to be positive at first, but then had second thoughts when reality set it in and I realized shop owners (not rich folks) were getting scammed. Oh well - nice thought.

8 comments:

lime said...

i want to see people fed but yes, i agree with your point that getting it done deceitfully is a poor way. when people realized they've been scammed it will make them less likely to want to help when some legitimate people come looking for support of that cause.

Tom & Icy said...

In a way, it was funny.

Anonymous said...

That was great :) It would work if the person 'giving' paid via credit card for the food and drink over the phone. In Australia anyway ;)

Doug The Una said...

He made that call from his SUV?

Anonymous said...

Good Morning ,My Dear,--video did not load here,so at a loss here...though remember once being offered a free lunch in san fran once...Wishing you the very BEST today!!!!!xo

G said...

I'll have to watch this later from home. Otherwise, just dropping by to say hi.

RED MOJO said...

That's almost nice as actually buying them lunch, but not quite.

tsduff said...

Lime - Good concept - bad execution.

Tom and Icy - I smiled with them too.

Anonymous - Yes, but those starving students seemed to be having more fun with the scam. I like your idea.

Doug - Maybe it was painted black and white.

Anonymous - How's the weather in Coudersport? xo

G - Hi yourself ;)Are you wearing purple for me today?

Red Mojo - True - I think their hearts were good. Just poor.