Wednesday, August 10, 2005

*WHEW* It has been hot!

We have all been wilting in the heat here in the bay area for the past two weeks. Temps have been upward in the high 90's and into the 100's. Since I have no air conditioning, the house heats up. Upstairs in our room it doesn't cool off at night, and wow, the fan just blows the hot air around, making sleep nearly impossible. So my Bear, seeking refuge from the blistering heat has gone back home up North to cool off. He needed a change of scenery anyway. The fog, the redwoods, and his natural environment of friends and family will soothe him once again, more than this place ever will. I suppose this is the way it will always be. Then this weekend he will return to Florida, along with 2 of his Daughters (Dayoni and Mataya) to be with his Mom and Dad. Chantel couldn't join them due to school and work committments :-(

Only 24 days until Iceland - it is a cool daily average of 55 F degrees there. I'll have to bring a jacket! I'm counting the days.

3 comments:

trumpetsavage said...

What a nice change the cool weather must be in Eureka, and WILL be in Iceland! :) I can't wait to hear your tales of adventure!

won tong said...

I'M SWIMMIN RIGHT BEHIND YA! IT'S COOL HERE IN THE A.M. BUT HEATS UP FAST... SO MUCH WATERING SO LITTLE TIME.. LOVE YA!

Unknown said...

Do you think I could join you in Iceland, because I am melting here! I can't believe you guys don't have AC!