Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Here is a little meme I found on SoCal Sal's blog a while back, that I thought was short and sweet - and a little interesting. So I did it.

1. By what nickname(s) were you known as a child?
My only brother teased me mercilessly with "Terry the hairy canary" Please don't tell anybody.

2. Do you have a favorite poem and, if so, what is it? Recite it (or a snippet) here, please


Photo courtesy of Mullen Photography


I've walked these mountains in the rain
and learned to love the wind;.
I've been up before the sunrise
to watch the day begin.
I always knew I'd find you,
though I never did know how;
Like sunshine on a cloudy day,
you stand before me now.
-Kate Wolf - Give Yourself To Love



3. What is your greatest regret in life, something that you failed to do that you wish you did?


I got married too soon (18) and didn't get to experience some of the freedoms of youth.



4. You are tired and hungry, but it's too late to cook. If any snack food were available to you, what would you choose and why?



Old fashioned potato chips - ummm, a decadent treat.
or better yet,
A wedge of Stilton


and a glass of Fetzer Merlot.

5. What is the oldest item of clothing (not jewelry!) that you wear regularly and what do you love about it?



My oldest and favorite shirt burned up in my housefire so I can't wear it any more. I loved it simply because it was so beautiful - lots of greens, blues, long sleeved soft cotton button-up style.

9 comments:

lime said...

oh, i hear ya on the young marriage thing. i was 20.

RED MOJO said...

Marriage, I didn't get married too young, but that's only because as a second class/or lower, citizen, I'm not allowed to! :)

Anonymous said...

It is nice to get to know a little more about you...very interesting.

Doug The Una said...

You are California itself, I think.

TK Kerouac said...

I was married too young also, for 25 years. My freedom is now.

Ariel the Thief said...

Beautiful poem. I like the picture too.

SoCal Sal said...

Ahhh, married young, I know it well.

Wine and cheese, Mmmmmmm!

So, what’s your nickname now?

yellowdoggranny said...

yup...me too..got married at 16, but back then it wasn't that big of a deal 1960..well, maybe a little bit of a big deal..

Anonymous said...

Eating potato chips now and triple cream brie next! Smelly cheeses rule!! Like your poem with image Hairy Canary ;)