Monday, August 01, 2011

RABBIT RABBIT - yes, and I can scarcely believe today is the first day of August!

What better way to wish everyone good luck this month than by envisioning a lovely gallop across summer gardens, pretty thunderheads overhead, and the slow summer days still ahead to wile away...

As I write this from my sister's computer here in Casper, Wyoming, I am content to imagine time going on indefinitely in this fashion. No routine, no work, just family surrounding each other with comfort and understanding. The silver lining of a tragedy is that the family gets to gather together and share each others company.
My days here will end this week, and I will return to the reality of my own life at home, with the necessity of work and all the mundanity that goes with it.

Postscript: I tried to post this in time for rabbit rabbit wishes on the first day of August, but sadly my sister's computer would not let me post. Thank goodness my sweetie brought his - better late than never.

11 comments:

Doug The Una said...

Best to you and the family and a light for the bear.

Anonymous said...

Best wishes to you and yours too.

EcoRover said...

You have good summer memories to carry with you. Best wishes for your return to The World.

Hobbes said...

Rabbit rabbit for peace at the end of troubled times.

tsduff said...

Doug, thank you times two.

Lgsquirrel - Very much appreciated :)

Actonbell - Thank you and we wish the same for you.

EcoRover - You do understand, don't you? Thank you and I will take your good wishes with me upon re-entry...

Hobbes - You always have such great Beary advice. I wish I really knew you better.

EcoRover said...

Look forward to hearing about your visit with family in the big Wyoming landscape. My friend Gunnar Kalsta, a 3rd generation rancher, died here a few years ago and like your Gunnar he had a deep spiritual connection with nature that I still look to.

Michelle said...

Tragedy? What have I missed the news on? :-(

Whatever the story - my sincere sympathies. We've had a really MAD year (12 - 18 months actually).

Love to you and your family

PS...
we had an almost literal rabbit rabbit August. Hubby and I found two pet rabbits dumped in the field beside our house on the 6th of August, day before my birthday. We caught them easily, chubby tubby pets without a clue of the wild. Got the animal rescue in to rehome them. Then on 7th we found a third! A white rabbit who refuses to be caught. He's leaner and faster... and smarter.

He's still out there, which feels kind of nice now. One rabbit who was determined to be free and he (she?) is living with the wild rabbits now.

AND we have a weird crow which did arrive on the 1st. Been an extra weird month in an exceptionally odd year.

Anonymous said...

what are you doing now---pouring rain here in florida....XOXOXO

Doug The Una said...

Rabbit Rabbit, T&B. Thinking of you guys.

javajazz said...

Happy Thanksgiving Terry and Beary...xo

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
XOXO